Starfrit Rotato Express
Peels instantly potatoes, fruits and vegetables
Starfrit Rotato Express
Plop on a potato, peel it and pare it in 10 seconds flat—sayonara potato skins! The Rotato Express instantly peels not just potatoes but also other fruits and vegetables at the push of a button. It stops automatically when the peeling is over and will operate cordlessly with batteries, making it "picnic portable."
- Two extra blades tucked in a built-in compartment
- Handy thumb knife for quick, easy paringt
- Ultra safe design: no need to touch or hold the vegetable while it's peeling
- More hygienic than manual peeling
- Cleans easily with a damp, sudsy cloth
- Operates alternatively with a 6.0 Volt electrical adaptor
No waste, no effort
Peels just the skin!
Peeling fruits and vegetables is quick and easy with the Rotato Express. It peels just the skin without wasting any of the nutritious part of the vegetable. The Rotato Express is simple and safe to operate; even a child can use it. Its non-slip base holds it securely to the counter or other work surface. Rotato comes with a little plastic knife, stored conveniently under the base. It's specially designed for easy removal of potato eyes or other blemishes.
Peels the following foods
Before peeling, put a paper towel beneath the Rotato to catch peelings.
When choosing foods to be peeled, choose fruits and vegetables that are firm, blemish free and symmetrically shaped. Fruits and vegetables more than 5.5" tall should be cut in half so the Rotato Express can grip them firmly.
Rotato Express Parts
How to peel fruits and vegetables
- Center the food on the bottom food holder and press gently
- Lower the upper food holder so that it grasps the food and holds it securely
- Using the height adjustment lever, raise the cutter arm so that it rests on top of food to be peeled. WARNING: Do not grab cutter blade… it is razor sharp!
- While pressing lightly on the upper food holder, press on the power button. The skin peels off in one clean, continuous curl
How to remove peeled food
- Lift upper food holder from food and raise it to the top of the support column.
- Grasp food, and using a gentle back and forth rocking motion, remove food from bottom food holder pulling towards you. Do not yank your fruit or vegetable straight up from the bottom food holder. You don't want to accidentally swing your hand into the holder spike. WARNING: Do not grab cutter blade… it is razor sharp.
- Trip off any deep potato eyes with the little plastic knife. Use the same knife to remove blemishes on fruit and vegetables.